Saturday 27 April 2019, 10:00am - 02:00pm
"In Bloom Wildflower Festival
Join NCC for their annual celebration of spring at the Cowichan Garry Oak Preserve
April 27, 2019
10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Cowichan Garry Oak Preserve
Admission by donation
A celebration of spring!
In Bloom Wildflower Festival (Photo by Tim Ennis/NCC)
Calling nature lovers, native plant gardeners and curious ecologists of all ages!
Come and experience the Cowichan Garry Oak Preserve at the height of its beauty at this family-friendly nature festival.
This year's event features activities and discoveries for everyone:
- Enjoy a nature walk through the preserve's wildflower meadows at the height of the spring bloom.
- Witness the amazing restoration and research projects that have taken place on the preserve over the past 15 years.
- Gain a Coast Salish perspective from a Cowichan Tribe Elder.
- Dig into the past with an archaeologist from the royal BC musuem.
- Discover the history behind the Elkington family, who settled this land in the 1800s.
- Learn about the ambitious recovery of an extirpated species with the Bring Back the Bluebirds Project.
- Find out what all the buzz is about at the Pollinator Partnership Canada bee station, complete with live flight bee cage.
- Adopt native plants by donation and take note on how to tend these species in your own garden.
- Sign up to get involved as a volunteer throughout the year.
Cowichan Garry Oak Preserve [map]
1241 Maple Bay Road, Duncan
Please park on Maple Bay Road and walk down to the end of Aitken Road. There is limited parking (3 spaces) at the end of Aitken road reserved for those with significant mobility issues, if somone in your group has significant mobility issues, you are welcome to drop them off at the end of Aitken Road and then park on Maple Bay Road. "
See the amazing In Bloom photo gallery
Location 1241 Maple Bay Road, Duncan