Concerned about helping the pollinators through the colder months?
For fall blooms consider native species like:
- Entire-leaved Gumweed (Grindelia stricta)
- Douglas' Aster (Symphyotrichum subspicatum) - photo top right
- California Aster (Symphyotrichum californicum)
- Yampah (Perideridia gairdneri)
Both Douglas' Aster and Gumweed are the latest blooming native plants. You might even see
some still blooming right now!
For February and March consider:
- Spring Gold (Lomatium utriculatum)
- Indian Plum (Oemleria cerasiformis)
- Satin Flower (Olsynium douglasii)
- Tall Oregon-grape (Mahonia aquifolium) - Photo bottom right
- Grassland Saxifrage (Saxifraga integrifolia)
- Broad-leaved Shootingstar (Dodecatheon hendersonii)
- Western Buttercup (Ranunculus occidentalis)
- Small-flowered Blue-eyed Mary (Collinsia parviflora)
Look for these at your local native plant nurseries.