CLOSED: JOB POSTING Position: Communications & Development Coordinator
Thank you to all those who applied!
Term: part-time position starting mid-July 2019
Hours: 20-30 hours/week
Wage: $23 - $25/hour depending on experience Deadline for application is Sunday, June 23, 2019
Habitat Acquisition Trust (HAT) is a Victoria, BC-based regional land trust that helps people understand and care for natural environments in the Capital region.
The Communications & Development Coordinator plans, organizes, implements and evaluates specific outreach and fund development projects as directed by the Executive Director. The Coordinator will work as part of a team including HAT’s Stewardship, Land Protection, and Habitat Management Coordinators.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to implement HAT’s annual fundraising and development strategy focusing on building membership base, fundraising campaigns and planned giving;
- Assists the Executive Director to identify funding needs and funding sources including new opportunities for grant proposals; researching, preparing, submitting, presenting, and following up on funding applications;
- Takes lead role in creating and distributing HAT’s written communication materials including press releases and articles, newsletters, educational and outreach materials, and managing a variety of social media outlets;
- Identifies and leads implementation of HAT’s participation in events, including community events, workshops and seminars;
- Communicates with donors, members and the general public;
- Maintains comprehensive and well organized project files and prepares reports for the Board and funders;
- Maintains databases related to memberships, donors and volunteers, ensuring privacy protection protocols are in place and observed.
- Strong interest in HAT and its mission;
- Demonstrated skill in fundraising, specifically in grant writing;
- Demonstrated ability in writing, especially for the public;
- Well-developed computer skills and ability to effectively use basic office technology and software (eg: word processing, powerpoint);
- Experience with website maintenance, database management; Salesforce (or similar customer relationship management software), graphic design software is an asset;
- Experience with event-planning;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills, ability to interact and consult with individuals at all levels inside the organization and in the broader community;
- Ability to be self-directed;
- Strong public speaking skills (e.g. presenting on projects to donors, municipal grantors, and public);
- ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Willing and able to undertake professional development and training as appropriate
- Willing and able to work irregular hours including some weekends;
- possess Driver’s Licence and access to a motor vehicle for transportation may be required;
- Sense of humour and proven ability to work in a close team;
- Experience working with non-profit organizations an asset.
Application should include: Resume and Cover letter that demonstrate how the candidate meets the qualifications and competencies in the job description. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working with HAT. Those selected for an interview will be contacted as soon as possible.