If you would like to get on the list for other opportunities like this, follow the five steps below:
- Sign up for the HAT Volunteer Newsletter (below) to hear about upcoming opportunities by email ~monthly
- Fill out our Volunteer Info Form and send it to us by mail or email
- Read our HAT Volunteer Manual to learn about HAT and our volunteer positions
- Start Volunteering!
Subscribe to our Volunteer Newsletter
Current Volunteer Positions:
Volunteer Position: Restoration Participant (ongoing)
We are always looking for passionate individuals to help out with our diverse restoration projects. The position would involve:
- attending various restoration events approximately once a month
- physical labour including pulling weeds and invasive species, planting trees etc.
- learning about restoration techniques and native plant identification
- opportunity to attend our annual restoration barbecue event in the summer
Top 5 Reasons to Volunteer with HAT
- Educational - learn from HAT staff and other volunteers about the importance of native ecosystems, local species and the history of local lands.
- We're Local - help your own community and region by volunteering with HAT as we focus all of our work within the Capital Regional District (CRD).
- Learn New Skills - we always make sure our volunteers benefit from their experience by learning a new skill or two along the way.
- Protect Nature - the more help we have the more resources and time will be availble to commit to the important goal of protecting land in the CRD.
- Fun! - whether your exploring a pristine wooded area with our covenant coordinator or coming up with new material for one of our programs, well remember to keep things fun.
For example, HAT has several volunteers helping us out by:
- Running our board of directors
- Office and fieldwork
- Planting with school children
- Mapping properties with GPS and ArcGIS
- Creating new organizational policies
- Sharing our mission with the community at outreach event tables
You are truly making a difference in the local community by volunteering with HAT. We provide references and letters of recommendation for students and whomever is looking to grow their resume.