From scales to claws to point teath and beaks, reptiles are some of the most diverse and amazing collection of species in our area. With unique adaptations like ectothermy (cold-blooded), the ability to survive over winter by slowing their metabolisms, and even live birth (in gartersnakes), reptiles are fascinating. Please click the image above to be directed to our new Reptiles Guide!
Additional Reptile Publications
- Salt Spring Island Conservancy has a very informative page on some reptiles not covered in our guide here
- Attract Snakes to your backyard
- Sharp-tailed Snake ID Guide
- Western Painted-turtle ID Guide
- European Wall Lizard Information
Rally for our native reptiles by giving to HAT today